Greenpeace arbetar aktivt för en frisk, välmående planet både för oss och kommande generationer. Vi är en oberoende miljöorganisation som inte tar emot pengar från staten eller näringslivet. Därför söker vi dig som inser vikten av en engagerad allmänhet och tror på Greenpeaces vision om en friskare planet.
System Architect and Developer
How would you like to take your career to the next level and contribute to protecting the environment at the same time? Join our dynamic team of IT experts at Greenpeace Nordic! We are now looking for a full-time System Architect and Developer to help develop and implement our new IT architecture across the Nordic region.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace is present in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific.
The IT department’s key responsibility is to ensure the ability of Greenpeace Nordic to achieve its goals by being a strategic partner to other departments and provide the right tools, systems and support to ensure staff can operate effectively.
About the role:
Based in our Stockholm office, the System Architect and Developer is responsible for developing the new IT Architecture to support the organizational strategies and develop and/or oversee any development on its parts to support all departments across the organization and provide cost efficient and effective solutions.
During the two year implementation period of the new IT Architecture, the System Architect and Developer will work alongside the business intelligence and development team, and provide guidance and knowledge to help move us reach our strategic goals. The role will participate in continuous planning, set milestones and deliverables at regular intervals.
The System Architect and Developer will participate in the yearly planning work and provide input for the IT strategy and its implementation.
- B.Sc. or University degree, preferably software development or IT architecture related or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in software development and/or IT architecture
- Experience architecting small to medium sized systems (or experience of scaling down from big)
- Experience in Java software development and knowledge of Java industry standards and best practices, building or configuring Enterprise Service Bus and/or other middleware software
- Experience using RDBMS and applied data aggregation/warehouse techniques
- Proven track record in working in a project-based IT unit including the ability to participate in project design, planning, reporting, and change management
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong ownership of problem resolution and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and display a process-oriented approach
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical ideas in non-technical language in written documentation, presentations and face to face
- Good written and spoken English and preferably one other Nordic language.
- Project management experience
- Experience from moving in-house software to cloud services
- Experience working with and adjusting/designing systems to comply with the Data Protection Directive in the Nordic region.
What we offer:
- Secure, full-time contract for a period of two years (with the possibility of further extension)
- Unique chance to contribute and solve the world’s environmental problems
- Exciting opportunities for personal growth and professional development
- Dynamic and international work place
- Ongoing collective agreement with Unionen.
Are you interested?
Please send us your CV accompanied by a letter of motivation telling us why you want to work for Greenpeace and outlining what you can offer in this role as soon as possible but no later than March 6th ,2013 to Klara.Losonczy@greenpeace.org .
Or apply below.
Jan Viljanen, Head of IT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Lavér, HR Manager: email@example.com
Sofia von Post, Union Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenpeace Norden, Rosenlundsgatan 29B, Box 151 64, 104 65 Stockholm
Klara Losonczy, 087027070, Fundraising and IT Administrator
Det går inte längre att söka denna tjänst då ansökningstiden har gått ut!